Friday, September 16, 2011

"Why is life so cheap in India? "

Does a single girl feel safe going out at night? Does a woman feel safe to go out and buy groceries? Or, does a man feel safe to go out and work?
I don't think so.
The fear of being raped, molested, or perhaps the fear of being killed in a bomb blast grips the mind of these Indians.
The most elite hotels went through so much and so many important people- businessmen, socialites et all- were killed in the 26/11 blasts, and now the Delhi blasts. Was it the fault of all the people who came to the DHC that they were killed? How can a man be so broke that he can take the lives of so many people just because of his own selfish motives, which can be against a particular religion, community, sect? There has been a blast outside the Delhi High Court, tomorrow it can be outside my school, or maybe RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GOD DAMN HOUSE.
What is the government really doing for the security of the people? Shouldn't security be the topmost priority? Aren't these lives precious? Aren't the families of the victims and their sentiments of any value to the government?
Yes, they say that 99% of the terror attacks can be prevented, but not all. Alright, I agree. but proper security measures have to be taken.
Has there been any 9/11 in NYC again? Any blast? Any terror attack?
No.

So, why us?
And then the Tamil Nadu train collision. I ask, why is life so cheap in India? Why are people so indifferent? Maybe tomorrow, it can be their family or friends who are dying because of blasts, or the carelessness of the train drivers.

There have been attacks repeatedly maybe because politicians are busy counting money or taking trips abroad. For them, the value of money is more than the lives of innocent people. I don't say all politicians are corrupt, but most of them, yes, they are.
I wish A Raja and Kalmadi had given all that money for the welfare and betterment of the country.
Anna Hazare could fast for corruption, but terrorism? Where are all the activists?
If one man can move the Parliament and Judiciary to such an extent, why don't we all join hands and drive away terrorism ?
Improve the security- thats all I ask for. Make sure your citizens are safe and sound.
Make sure that a single young girl doesn't feel scared to come out at night.
Make sure that when a man goes out for work in the morning, he doesn't fear death. He doesn't worry about how his family will survive if god forbid, something happens because of the lack of security?

The victims of the DHC blasts were forgotten in a mere time span of 2 days, but the World Cup victory? The Academy Awards?
All this showbiz is more important than the lives. Yeah, right.

Yeah I know I'm just saying stuff and not doing anything. But trust me if I could, I most definitely would. Probably because I don't think I'm part of the rat race. I'm probably worried about the safety of people.
BECAUSE I PROBABLY CARE.

And it's high time the Government starts caring as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment