Sunday, September 4, 2011

That little girl. :')

Not very long ago, there was this girl. The soul sister types? The one that is supposed to 'be there' for you? The one that will wipe your tears and all that shit? Yes, she qualified for that sort.

I could talk to her about pretty much anything. I could scream, sing, laugh as loudly but she wouldn't care. I could play the silliest games with her, but it'd never be awkward. There wasn't a time when we had to think about what we had to speak about next, we were so comfortable with each other, we would blabber whatever came to our minds. She was the best thing that had ever happened to me, full of life and full of dreams. She loved me.I loved her, and that was what was important. We were best friends forever, or so I thought.

As time passed, we grew up and grew apart, and that's what I hated the most. We never knew there would be a day when we'd cross by each other in school and won't even say hi..but it happened. It cut me like a knife and it hurt so bad. She probably doesn't even care now. It wasn't supposed to happen this way. She was supposed to be there when I passed out of college, when I got a degree. She was supposed to be proud of me. She was supposed to be there when I got married. She was supposed to be my god forsaken bridesmaid. She was supposed to be there when I had kids. She was supposed to be their godmother. She was supposed to be there with the old-wrinkled me, laughing and remembering the good old days. All of this HAD to happen. There was no way it didn't. We planned it to be this way, but it didn't. It just didn't. She was gone with the wind, no proper goodbye. No take care. No see you later in life. No thanks for the good time. The end came...JUST LIKE THAT, JUST TOO SOON.

Now that I look back to all that has happened I realize my feet are cold. My throat dry and my eyes moist, and I picture the Girl who was once my best-friend was just the most familiar stranger I had ever known. She laughed, giggled, smiled, cried with her 'new friends'. People she told me she didn't even like. Is it supposed to be this way? No, it isn't. When you say 'friends forever', you have to stick by it."But that's disregard, you find another friend and then you discard"- The Fray. All i have are memories of her, which are going to get vague day by day, or so i hope. She won't ever know how I feel, so I just close my eyes and let her go..forever..and ever.

.....But no one can deny the fact that that little girl once knew me more than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment