Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Mother She Wasn't

I see a faint shadow in the hallway

As I look closer, I see my mother sway.

With flawless skin and perfect hair, I see her looking at me,

She has a crazy look in her eyes as she continues staring at me.

Looking at her gleaming eyes, I’m awe struck.

I forget all she did to me, how she screwed up my fate and luck.

When I was tiny and fragile, she left me crying,

Slowly I was dying.

What she did to me no mother ever would,

What she did to me no mother ever could.

She walks towards me and I hear the familiar footsteps,

All what she did to me is slowly coming back, how she wasn’t there when I first smiled, how she wasn’t there to wipe the tears I wept.

How she wasn’t there when I needed her the most,

How I never had a mother about whom I could boast.

Without any reason, she left, and I hoped and prayed and wished she would come back,

But…she didn’t, because maybe feelings of love she lacked.

All my life I spent cursing and hating her;

Wishing her to be near.

She had chosen a different path, after all

From the edge where she put me, she had let me fall.

When I finally met the mother who made my life hell, I froze with fear

Whatever excuses she made for leaving I forced myself not to hear.

I couldn’t speak, hear or sense,

All my life, I had seen her from behind a blurry lens.

I couldn’t believe she was no supernatural power, but actually a mortal being,

I couldn’t believe with my own two eyes I was seeing.

But what she did to me was beyond the pale

She turned her back on my and pretended not to hear me wail

So, I do the same,

And let her rot with shame.

I force myself to forget the bond we shared, to forget the mother daughter we ever were,

..And I close my eyes as tight as they can go, I let the tears drip and I walk out on her.




-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, this is my 40th post. Cheers to me! :D

Seems like yesterday when I started this blog. Time flieeeees.






No comments:

Post a Comment