Thursday, January 26, 2012

The things that make you appreciate life

There's always one thing you love more than anything else. That one thing you love more than life. You know what I love most on this planet? Tennis. The game of tennis is so beautiful. It makes me feel alive, it makes me feel at peace. No, I'm not lying. Whenever I'm low, a light hitting session does the trick. ALWAYS. The adrenaline rush. The excitement. The sense of satisfaction. The feeling of knowing that I'm at least good at something-priceless. Sometimes, I do crib about going for practice in the extreme cold/heat, but when I'm on court, everything vanishes. Gone. All the troubles, all the worrying, the stress, the tension, all of it just goes away, magically. I get magically transferred to a new world. Oh, I love that feeling :')
I have always loved tennis. And shall continue to.
Even when..

I knew I could give my best, but didn't.
I desperately wanted to give my best, but couldn't.
I was made to do 5 extra sprints.
I was shouted at for my laid-back attitude.
I got blisters.
I was forced not to have long nails.
I complained about the heat/cold and cramps
I had to stay till late for practice.
I had to wait for 8 hours for my match.
I had to play a match at 1 AM, 2 AM, 4AM, and report at 6AM.
I injured my wrist(minor injury) and my ankle (major injury)
I was advised by the doctor not to practice for one week, but I still did.
I had to practice at 7.30 AM on Sundays while all my friends were sleeping
I had to cancel my plans with friends/family only because I couldn't miss my practice session.
I have to change my tennis shoes every month (that's a good point, actually. Shopping excites me:P)
I have tanlines on my ankles, feet, arms, legs.
I threw my racket out of disgust and manged never to break it
I swelled with pride each time I won a match and went into a shell after I lost one.
I saw the pain in the eyes of my teammates when I lost a match.
I was down in the first set, but still managed to win the match.
I disappointed everybody by losing an easy match.
I've loved tennis even when all I was asked about at family gatherings was, "How's tennis going?"

I have loved each and every bit of that game. It is THE BEST thing that could ever happen to mankind. I can go on and on writing about why and how much I love tennis. It is and always will be my first and foremost love. No matter what the world says, I have undying love for this beautiful game. . .true story.

Tennis is special for me.

It always has been.
And always will be.
:')

No comments:

Post a Comment