Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nothing is free, not even freedom

In another one hour, we'll complete 62 years of being a Republic Nation. Wow. :O

No it's not just another day. It's just not. I refuse to believe so.

Some 70 years ago people were struggling to live, struggling to breathe free air. They laid their lives so that we could taste freedom and breathe freedom. for Us. Yes, our ungrateful generation. Our generation. We refuse to get up and go to school just because we're lazy? We refuse to spare 52 seconds to sing our national anthem in the morning assembly? Yes. That same generation.
Amazing, isn't it?

No I'm not being a senti patriot, but I just want you to have a sense of belonging- ness towards your country. I'm not asking you to go fight a war, just asking you to have some respect for your birth soil
Too much to ask for?
I don't think so.

I hope all of you have a Happy Republic Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment