Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love lost.

I close my eyes, and the memories flash back as an old movie. The exhibition, the breaks, the cries, the oneness, the love the smiles, the laughter, making fun of weird kids, the periods we bunked, and the tests we never studied for. The classes we attended with full concentration, the tests in which we got straight A’s..and then snap..I’m back to reality.


I remember being told about how you had left us all on this very day last year. As I think about the good and happy times, a tear trickles down my cheek. That day, my world came crumbling down, in front of my eyes, one of the best friends I’ve ever had was taken away from me forever and ever. And trust me, that feeling is the worst, EVER.


People said “Don’t worry, it’s a part of life”, “You’ll get over it”. But guess what? One year. 365 whole days, and I still miss you like I missed you before. The pain is still the same and the wounds as fresh as ever. Time could not heal these wounds, and I don’t think they will ever get any better. That void will never be filled. Your presence will forever be missed. Your smile, your voice, your laughter… each and every bit of it. You weren’t just a friend, but a sister, a guide and a person to rely on. You will never be replaced. True thing.


But on the positive side, I know that somewhere you’re there for me, giving me strength to fight all the troubles life puts my way, all the obstacles I have to face. You’re there to share my joys and there to listen to me as I whine about my problems. I know what wherever you are, you do some kind of magic and my life falls back into place…but the puzzle of my life will never be complete without such an integral part missing.


I miss how you were such a positive person, full of life. Always smiling and making others smile. Always ready to lend a hand. It’s funny how God always takes away the best people and lets the worst live. This is something I have never been able to understand. I never will. Weird, isn't it?


As I think of all this, I close my eyes as tight as they can go... And another tear trickles down my cheek and reaches my neck, and I'm not bothered to wipe it. I'm too preoccupied thinking about the happy times.


Memories of you is all I am left with, but those happy times will be etched in my heart forever and after 10 years I can tell people about this great friend I had, I can tell my child about a really strong girl who fought so many odds in life…who had to go through the worst troubles in life but still lived life with a smile on her face… That friend is YOU. Yes, you. You might be gone but never forgotten…You’re an inspiration and I hope wherever you are, you’re happy.


I write this post with all my love, to you. Only you.

And I know you're with me ..forever



Rest in peace.

Ox

No comments:

Post a Comment