Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Living Life. The Right Way.


Are you happy?
If according to you, being 'happy' is having the best clothes, the most expensive phone and all that materialistic stuff, I don't think you get what I mean, because probably the people around you don't make you happy, the things around you do. And that ain't real happiness. Happiness is what comes from within, that feeling when everything seems right. Materialistic things can make you happy only for a while, your definition of a while may differ from mine, but anyway.
For Example, shopping makes me happy. Yes, it does. But how long does the happiness of owning a new dress last? Few hours? 1 day? 1 week, at the most? That's not exactly what I'll call 'happiness'.
A 'good morning' or 'good night' message on my phone from an old friend will make me happier than getting a new dress. True thing. A compliment can make my day. A call from a friend can. A hug from mum can.
But asking for happiness all the time is too much to ask for,ain't it?
I mean, you can't be happy all the time. You have to experience sadness so that you can enjoy happiness and all that crap. Right? Expectations, sigh.
Expecting can lead you to disappointments. Living without expecting is impossible. For me, yes, it is. I expect my friends not to let me down, but sadly some of them do. I expect that the people around me should not be nasty. I expect them to comfort me when I don't feel good. I expect them to lift my spirits. I expect them to pacify me. I expect them to make me happy. Like the happy 'happy'. The real sense happy. I expect them to understand all my problems while I don't give a heed to their's.
I expect too much, don't I? That's the root of all problems. Expecting too much. You expect, you get disappointed, you are sad, and the whole drama continues.
I wish the God I don't believe in had made humans in a much more sensible way so that they would never expect, which in turn meant, no disappointments, and thus, no sadness. I wish people would not judge. (Aaaaah, blissful :P ) There would be no black or white, just grey. No one would be pretty or downright ugly, everyone would be equal. No one'd be right, and no one'd be wrong, everyone neutral. No one would be intelligent and no one would be dumb, everyone would be the same....just the same, like robots, maybe? Imagine living in such a world. Too much of perfection, eh?
But I guess, sometimes, you have to be imperfect, you have to make mistakes, act silly, sound stupid, do crazy things, speak too loudly, say the wrong things at the wrong time, live it like it's your last day, sing like you're a Rockstar, dance like crazy and not care about what people thing, you have to just let go the people who make you sad and stick to those who make you happy, eat as much as pepperoni pizza and chocolate and not worry about gaining weight,you're allowed to have red, puffy eyes because of crying too much, you're allowed to get into trouble for giggling too much, you have to let the tears fall,the smiles spread,
SOMETIMES YOU DON'T HAVE TO EXIST...BUT YOU HAVE TO L I V E.

No comments:

Post a Comment