Friday, March 10, 2017

Day 72

Hello, friends.

Today was a rather odd day. I spent most of it panicking and studying. Then my brother and sister came home from college AND GOT ME PRESENTS, which was quite thoughtful of them, to be honest. I miss them quite a lot and it's super nice to have them around.

We have a lot of exciting things to do this weekend, apart from studying and I'm looking forward to the change. I feel like I get sucked into the vacuum of being alone and it gets dark and scary. For most part of it, I'm fine but then it gets to a point where I just. feel. alone. all. the. time. I'm trying to make a conscious effort of talking more so let's see how that goes.

I've also been doing a lot of thinking lately. I read Mira Rajput's interview about how destructive feminism is getting and I honestly think she needs to get her read out of her arse and recognise her privilege and respect OTHER women's choices. My mom has 4 degrees and gave up her job to be married and take care of her 4 kids. I didn't realise it then, but it makes me quite upset that she had to do that. I loved having her around while I was growing up but it was extremely selfish of me as a little kid to want my mom to be there for me 24*7. I'm still quite conflicted about how I feel about this whole situation but I respect my mom's choices and the reasons she made them. I think I just believe in people making their choices for themselves- even if they're wrong in retrospect.

I have also been watching a lot of Youtube and not much TV because my brother is now here. I really wanted to watch Dexter but meh. I also didn't end up doing my full length test which made me feel eh but i didn't do it BECAUSE I was feeling eh. A bad score makes me even more eh. So I did 170 questions instead. It was fine.

Now I'm going to watch a little more YT, chat with Vasudha, whom I really enjoy speaking to, and then head off to bed.

See you tomorrow, folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment